Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Month 3

I am into my third month without being able to sing. I have done pretty well until now with just trying to get my speaking voice back.

But now I want to sing. This morning, I was listening to that New Christy Minstrel's song "Today." I wanted to sing so bad that I nearly cried. Not talking was easier than not singing.

I have faith that my singing voice will return. I have tried looking at this as a gift. I have tried looking at it as a nice rest. But, my heart is not buying it. When my niece starts singing and I can't harmonize, or I can't sing at the funeral of one of my dear elderly friends, the pain, though emotional, is almost physical.

I am sure there are lessons to be learned. But today, I don't want to learn.

I want to sing.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

(((Karen))) Thinking of you and sending healing vibes my friend.

Eleanor said...

(((Karen)))

SuziQoregon said...

Let me put it this way. There is something worse than not singing. You could sing like me! Now behave yourself so you don't end up singing like me.

Karen :) said...

Q, you crack me up! Thanks!

And thanks for the hugs!

Pity party OVER, I hope!

auntie-c said...

Precious friend... wishing I could take this from you because my voice is already gone.

Lots of hugs and continued prayers for complete healing.

Love you...

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...