Monday, July 28, 2008

MammaMia!

OK, despite the ratings, I bit and went to see MammaMia! with my friend Sharon. I have never been the biggest ABBA fan, but this movie just sounded light and fun. And after this last week, Sharon and I decided that a mindless movie was just what we needed.

Yes, the plot was paper thin and full of holes, but this is fairly typical of musicals. It was painfully obvious that, despite being adorable, Pierce Brosnan is no singer. But, the costumes were great, the scenery, breathtaking, and Meryl Streep was her usual amazing self.

What tickled me was the audience demographics. I expected mostly ladies between 40 and 60. But there were quite a few 70 and 80 year old's there as well. And everyone came out smiling.

Ratings, schmatings! People coming out of a movie smiling and singing?

I call that a success!


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...