Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Testing 123

No, not THAT kind of testing!

I wish!

Tomorrow morning I am having what is known as an
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
or EGD for short.

I am a veteran of this test, but that does NOT mean that I like it. Many people are fortunate enough to be "out" enough not to remember this test at all. Unfortunately I am not one of them. Because of my myasthenia, my doc is stingy with the good drugs and I have long lasting memories of swallowing what seems like a garden hose. Ewwwwwwwwwww!

But, I am more tired of the pain I have been in almost constantly at this point, so I am biting the bullet and having EGD #6. Yes, you read that right, #6! Sheesh!

This doc and I have done one of these together already and I did not stop breathing (like I did during the one before that...funny how freaked out doctors get when one stops breathing!) so I think this will be OK.

I will be glad, however, when tomorrow comes and this one is over.

Garden hose, anyone?

1 comment:

fiona said...

Hoping for a positive outcome dear friend. Keep me posted

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...