Thursday, June 26, 2008

Learning


Earlier this week, I had a friend send me a link to an online course catalog. There were offerings for a variety of subjects, from languages to history.

I was not even tempted.

Now, I have always been the professional student. I have attended 3 colleges and hold 4 degrees, two of them Master's degrees. I loved learning about new things.

I can't figure out what has happened. Am I just tired or lazy? About all the learning I am up for these days is watching Discovery Health and HGTV.

I do like learning new art techniques for my cards. I still like to learn about new things to cook. But as far as "formal" stuff, the desire is just not there.

Will it come back?

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Well, there's learning about STUFF and there's learning about LIFE, and learning about PEOPLE, and those last two things you have never stopped doing!!

Love the snazzy hat. ;-)

Karen :) said...

That may well have been the most expensive hat I have ever owned! About $20,000! :)

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...