Sunday, December 07, 2008

Surgery

Tuesday, I am having fundoplication surgery. This is a fancy name for having the top of my stomach wrapped around my esophagus in order to cure my GERD.

I have to admit that I am a little nervous. I have not been put under to this extent since being diagnosed with MG. Myasthenics tend to have trouble breathing when sedated, so things can be a bit more complicated than they are for the average patient. However, I would not be doing this if I did not have faith in God and the doctor.

I am praying that this surgery will eliminate the chest pain, indigestion, and diet limitations that have been my constant companions for years. The thought of eating half a grapefruit without pain makes my mouth water in anticipation.

Wonder if I can wrangle a trip to Florida to get some?

Hmmmmmm.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

You know a trip to Florida is an open invitation for you my friend!

Sending you smooth surgery and speedy recovery vibes of course!

auntie-c said...

Prayers for an easy time during both surgery and recovery.

fiona said...

speedy recovery dear one

Kayla said...

Well wishes to you!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...