Friday, December 26, 2008

Stealing

A damper was put on Christmas Eve this year when I was warned to put my purse somewhere safe and out of sight before other guests arrived. I was told that one of the guests (a regular visitor to this home) had been suspected of stealing money from the hostess for some time, and had stolen a large amount from her earlier in the week.

So, we found ourselves in the position of having to watch our belongings and put our Christmas money out of sight during what should have been a carefree and enjoyable time. The entire color of the evening was changed, because of one person and her need to take what does not belong to her.

I don't understand stealing. I really don't. There is nothing I want bad enough to steal. I find no thrill in it. I don't think I am "entitled" to it. My conscience would bother me forever. But, some folks can steal without a second thought. They simply can't tell right from wrong. Or, they don't care.

Sad.


1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Sheesh! Talk about Grinchin' up the season. I hope everybody got home with their money!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...