Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wardrobe

Holiday dressing is a challenge in Mississippi. I never know from one day to the next what type of clothing I will require. Yesterday, I went to get gas in my car in shorts and sandals. Today, I am in velveteen and still chilly. People talk about putting their summer clothes away, but in Mississippi, that is not really feasible.

Trying to figure out a party/event wardrobe can be especially difficult. Holiday clothing pretty much consists of sweaters, velvet, turtlenecks, etc. So what does one WEAR when 75 degree weather on the day of the party makes that cute sweater totally unwearable? Someone would make a fortune down here designing a line of clothing that looks Christmasy, but can be worn when it is just plain hot.

Maybe that is my future calling?


2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Go for it!!!

Melissa said...

I would pay good money for warm weather holiday clothes!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...