Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Circles

Going around in circles. My mind, that is.

Today started out really nice. Had a lovely chat with a good friend. Ate soup and cornbread with my father-in-law. Made some Valentine cards for my nursing home friends.

Then I got a call from my best friend. She wants me to go to Nashville with her over Valentine's Day weekend. Now, going to Nashville is one of my favorite things in the world to do, but money is a bit tight now. However, this is a hard holiday for a single person and bless her, she has run all over the country with me. I told her I would think about it and get back to her.

I got a text from Sam wanting to bring her friend to the watercolor classes we are going to be taking starting tomorrow. That was fine, I told her, but her friend would have to buy her own supplies. Friend's dad said he could not do that. Brief pouting ensued, but I promised to take her next week if her dad agrees to get her start up materials.

Next call was from a friend who is worried about our mutual friend. Mutual friend is taking an emotional nosedive and talking of death. This is not good. She is scheduled for ECT on Friday. My brother usually will take her on his way to work in Jackson and then I pick her up. But, when I called my bro, he told me his car is not doing well and HE may be taking it to the shop on Friday. Other worried friend is staying at the hospital with her young grandson. Friend has thus far not been able to find anyone else to take her. Nobody goes to Jackson at 6 AM except my brother.

Add normal, annoying details like being tired, trying to finish a project for my sister, and my body not cooperating with me and I admit I am more than a bit stressed.

I can keep my OCD under fair control until a day like this. But when I get this many thoughts in my mind, they whirl around like peas in a blender.

Tomorrow, I am not answering the phone.




2 comments:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

Sweet Sweet (((Karen)))~

You have a heart too big for your brain. I suggest that you make yourself unavailable for a short while and see how everyone suprisingly manages to get where they are going.

I love your big heart so take care of your body and brain.

With love,

Melissa D.

SuziQoregon said...

I think you should not answer the phone more often.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...