Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Denny P.


Today, I am having lunch with Denny P. Denny is a (semi) retired Episcopal priest who came into my life during a local theatre production of Camelot. He played Merlin to my Nimue and we bonded during this experience.

After the play (mercifully) ended, we stayed in touch. I would go over to his church and sing for special occasions or drop by his office to say hello.

The real test of friendship came after my mom died. On December 26th, it was Denny who appeared at my door with open arms. And he was one of the people who stuck with me during the difficult months afterward, when I plunged into a depression so deep that I thought I would never come out of it.

Denny is what I call a "hoot." Despite being a member of the clergy, he does not take himself too seriously. He is a champion hugger. He loves good food and good times. He loves me.

And I love him.


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...