Monday, January 19, 2009

Retirement 2

I am feeling less panicky today about the retirement issue. I know others who have had incomes cut involuntarily due to job loss or other circumstances. I can't imagine what it is like to be in that situation. We have been blessed by steadiness of income and my husband's determination to pay things off early.

I admit that I am spoiled when it comes to wanting to be able to continue to travel occasionally. To be able to buy books (our library is small, local, and does not have a particularly good selection). I want to be able to continue to buy the things I need to make and send the cards I send to my shut in and nursing home friends each holiday. I want to be able to do what I can in the way of enrichment for my young neighbor. I don't want to have to hesitate to be able to take a friend to the doctor in Jackson. I want to be able to continue to be able to get my all medications and be able to take them as prescribed.

I think of returning to work myself and then I have a day like today with crushing fatigue, multiple falls, and blurred vision.

Things will work out. I have faith.

BIBO.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

(((Karen)))

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...