Thursday, October 23, 2008

Aunt Viola


Aunt Viola was actually my husband's great aunt, but she made me feel like I was "hers." She was a "maiden lady" who spent her life in the mission field teaching English to children in Mexico and telling them about her Jesus.

I met Aunt Viola about 6 years ago when she came to be a resident of the nursing home that I was doing some work for. She was a gentle soul who was more interested in asking about how YOU were than reciting a litany of aches and pains. Although advanced in age, until a very short time ago, her mind was quite sharp.

Aunt Viola passed away this week. I will miss her. But I know that she is ecstatic to finally see "her" Jesus face to face.

And I am happy for her.

1 comment:

auntie-c said...

{{Karen}} - am so sorry, hon, for the losses this week.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...