Thursday, October 16, 2008

Norton

I have to say it. I hate this anti-virus program with a passion. It is kinda like the "Borg". "Resistance is futile. Your computer will be assimilated!"

Today, while my friend Sharon and I were trying to hook up my father-in-law's DSL, we got to the part where they wanted us to disable the anti-virus program. We clicked links, opened Windows, and gnashed our teeth for over an hour. There was NO place to DISABLE the stupid program!

After an unsuccessful attempt to call at&t tech support and 1-800-CALL-VIK did not answer, I called my friend Teresa, who hates Norton as much as I do. There was computer support guy near her cubicle who answered our exhausted plea for help. After some convoluted gyrations we finally disabled Norton, and finished the basic DSL installation. It had taken us over three hours to do what we should have been able to do in one.

Norton is evil and must be destroyed.

Just sayin'

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...