Friday, October 24, 2008

Celebration

Today we celebrated the life of my friend Virginia. And it truly was a celebration. The funeral home chapel was packed and people were spilling out into the halls. Her favorite scriptures were read (many of which are mine also) and her favorite songs were played and sung by her minister. Stories were told and tears were shed. It was so obvious that Virginia's life had made a difference.

I saw many mutual friends there. One is a guy everyone calls "BB." This sweet gentleman has had some health problems and when I asked him about them today, he replied that the only thing that was hurting today was his heart.

I think he spoke for all of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Karen, in what has been a tremendously difficult time for you..

Carrie

Karen :) said...

Thanks, Carrie. It has been a week.

auntie-c said...

{{KK}}

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...