Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 3: Headed North

.


Day 3 found us at the AmTrak Station ready to take the Cascades train to Seattle, where we would rent a car and drive to Mount Vernon.

To my delight, trains have changed for the better since my last trip on one 20 years ago. An adorable Redcap in a uniform that had me thin
king he was going to burst into a chorus of "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" any moment, helped me get my red scooter on the train. We had real conductors in spiffy uniforms and everything!

The scenery on the trip was lovely and we got much more of a feel for this part of the trip than we would have from interstate (excuse me, FREEWAY) driving!

After our arrival in Seattle, Bill and I got our red Enterprise Rent-a-Car (the match to my scooter was a happy coincidence!) and headed to Mount Vernon where the spoiling began.

My friend in Mount Vernon had put on a spread that was worthy of the South (and that is high praise indeed.) We met her sweet DH and the adorable father-in-law
that she is always talking about. I want to be Mr. Bill when I grow up!

We talked about everything from trains to planes and made plans for the following day when we would go on our first ever trip into Canada

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Shoot. I wanted you to have a singing redcap!

Karen :) said...

LOL! He looked like Rolf in The Sound of Music! Just adorable!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...