Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 4: O Canada!

On Saturday, our friends from Mount Vernon took us into Vancouver, Canada, the land of kilometers and misspelled words. ;P It is also the site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

After passing through customs, where Bill and I got to show off our renewed passports, we headed to a neat little marketplace. One of the first things I found was a booth filled with lovely jewelry and I stopped to pick up some gifts for folks back home. Next to it was a stand filled with produce so beautiful that I almost wept at not being able to take any back to the states with me. Even Bill was impressed and promptly found a stall selling cut-up fruit and loaded up a bowl with enough for us all to sample. I never thought I would want to fight for fruit, but this was that good!

After a delicious lunch and some photo opportunities (see below) we took off for a lovely spot called Stanley Park.



Stanley Park is a huge park that includes beaches, hiking and biking trails, and totem poles. It was a chilly day, but that did not stop people from
being on the beach. Brrrrrrrrrrr!




















Altogether a lovely day in a lovely country.

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

That fruit looks amazing! You are such an international traveler!

Dr.blogger said...

canada is wonderful country
my aunt lives there
you travel too much
I wish I could

http://questnet4you.blogspot.com/

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...