Saturday, September 20, 2008

Antacids

The problem is, I can't have ANY for the next 3 1/2 days. I have been off my Protonix for 2 days already.

This is all in preparation for a couple of really fun sounding (insert sarcasm here) tests next Tuesday to try to determine why I have persistent reflux despite double doses of stomach meds, eating TUMS, and taking OTC Zantac as well. I have modified my diet and bought a bed wedge to sleep on. The head of my bed is elevated. I have drastically reduced my consumption of Diet Coke.

But, I still have reflux. And I have had it since I was in college. By my calculations, that is 30 years.

I guess I need to get DH to hide the TUMS bottles from me so I don't accidentally slip up and grab for them by pure reflex. Just have to remember to get them all. They are in my bedroom, the living room, the kitchen, and even in the van. I feel like a TUMS-a-holic.

Is there 12 step program for this?

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...