Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 6: Seattle









Bill and I spent our
last day of vacation in Seattle. Since we only had one day, we concentrated on City Center and the Space Needle. It was built for the 1962 World's Fair and is one of most unique landmarks in the Pacific Northwest.










After the Space Needle, we f
ound Mecca for Sci-Fi Fans in the Science Fiction Museum & Hall of Fame!


Shhh, don't tell the picture police,
but we had to sneak a few shots.

Yep, this is Uhura's uniform from the original "Star Trek" series!






And do you recognize
these guys behind me? Warning: you are dating yourself if you do!



The day ended perfectly visiting with a Seattle area friend. She brought me a sackful of lovely PANK Seattle themed goodies, including an umbrella that I never needed! The item she is clutching is a tin a Mississippi Cheese straws. I wonder if she shared these with her family?

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

I think when I show Henry THESE pictures, we'll be planning our own trip up there....

;-)

Danger Will Robinson!!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...