Monday, September 01, 2008

Whew!

So far, so good.

Looks like Gustav is going to go to the West of us. We are still in for some rain, possible tornadoes, and wind, but nothing like it might have been. Of course, since most of my mother's family lives in the Baton Rouge and Houma areas, I am concerned for them. However, they are a bright, resilient bunch of folks, and I am sure that they have made themselves as safe as possible.

I have to admit, my anxiety level has been high these past few days. The memories of Katrina are still pretty fresh. That was one of the scariest times of my life. Not just the weather on that day, which felled trees scant feet from my home, but the aftermath as well. Of course, this time, I had much more time to prepare.

At this point, it looks like my long anticipated trip to the Pacific Northwest is ON!

Yippeeeeee!

1 comment:

auntie-c said...

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Can't wait to see you!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...