Thursday, September 11, 2008

Portland Day 2


On our second day in the Portland area, Bill and I arranged for a tour of the Columbia River Gorge area with E & E tours. We were promised beautiful waterfalls and spectacular scenery.

We were not disappointed.

Our tour guide, Mr. Ellis, was a walking encyclopedia on all things Oregon. Who knew that most potatoes are now grown in Oregon?

We visited several waterfalls. The one in the picture above is called "Horsetail
." The highest was Multnomah, the tallest "year round" waterfall in the US. As you can see in the pic, it comes down in two stages.


Vista House at Crown Point is one of the most photographed sites along the Historic Columbia River Highway. Not hard to see why!

3 comments:

SuziQoregon said...

I'm SO glad you did this tour and that you had a wonderful sunny day for it.

Eleanor said...

Just beautiful, Karen!

I have a feeling if I'd been around that many waterfalls I'd have had to PEE!!!

auntie-c said...

Loving your commentary on the trip!!

We have a trip to the waterfalls planned for next year.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...